Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shirt - Simplicity 2339




Hi

I waited three weeks for this pattern to arrive at Spotlight. I am so glad I persisted because it is the best shirt pattern I have found. I am excited because it will be great for work shirts. The pattern is a petite shirt with individual pieces for each bust size. The shirt has a front side and waist dart and a back waist dart. The fabric is silk charmeuse.


The pattern is straight forward, I especially like the back yoke this is the first time I have made a shirt with one. The way that it is in closed gives a beautiful finish to the inside. I choose a B cup front and graded from a ten to twelve top to bottom. The sleave insertion was a dream. I omitted the collar and replaced it with the tie from a Vogue pattern. I really wanted a bow or tie in the silk. Because of the tie I closed the shirt with small press studs. I have finished French seams and double folded hem.

It has taken me one week to make this mainly because of the hand sewing at the cuff, front bands and the tie areas. I expect in the future it will quicker with cottons and using the overlocker. I will post more photos tomorrow of the inside


Cheers Lara.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you like this pattern so much. Your blouse looks wonderful! Great fit and a beautiful color. I personally find silk charmeuse a challenge to sew.

    ReplyDelete