Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tunic Vogue 8668

Hi







This tunic is for casual wear with jeans or black pants. Pattern Description is misses top and tunic : Semi-fitted, have fount gathers and back darts and concealed elastic casing. I originally brought another fabric (the Silk Jersey recommend by the pattern) however it was not wide enough for the Kimono sleaves. This fabric I used is a light wool knit that has a close ribbing. I omitted the loops and buttons because I did not think the fabric had sufficient body to cope with the weight. Also I wanted a more minimal look to go with the monotone colour.

I changed the front construction further by omitting the bias tape for the neck line. Instead I seamed the front together then based the seam allowance down. I turned the neck edge under about ½ inch and based it in place. Starting at the bottom of the front upper section I cover stitched up the front seam on one side, went up the v neck and around the back, then down the v neck and on the opposite side of the seam. Thus when I had finished the front seam has six lines of stitching, with three on each side of the seam. Thus all seam allowances are finished(photos will be added soon). 

This tunic is view B (middle tunic) with the medium length skirt. I am only 5 foot 4 or 164cm and I think the long tunic would not have worked for me. I have a deep hem on the sleave which I like, this was not intentional and may be a place to save fabric in future if required. It was a reasonably quick project taking around two hours.  Yes I do like bows.

Cheers

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment