Monday, May 16, 2011

Tunic - Vogue 8596

Hi




I have made this pattern several times now, as it is always so nice to sew and wear (it is out of print). I vary the neck line with each new version to keep it interesting. This is version c with the three quarter length sleeves and contrasting bow. I made this for winter evenings to wear with pants. I have been able to wear it to a number of outings manly dinner with friends. I have made it in silk and I have used a small gathered black frill to define the sleave frill and tie in with the bow. The pattern bow is in the centre. To mix things up I moved it to the side. The pattern is very easy and quick to sew. The gathered neck line is great because it allows for each person to wear it wide or close depending on their preference. I need to add some width to the sleaves as it can be tight with French seams.


Sorry about the creases this is after four hours on a plane; it was my last clean shirt. As my DH was home I took the opportunity to get a deceit photo. We have been away for work and I have been sewing like mad to finish some new things so I will have lots of photos coming soon. The black trousers are new and will post them next.


Perhaps at some stage I will show my summer version of the top in cotton voil it is away at present. My first version with cotton was as shown on the pattern with a centre bow. It was a great top but sadly the fabric only lasted one season. I will repeat this top soon but because it was such a striking top I thought I would have two years off before repeating it.


Cheers

Lara

1 comment:

  1. I have this pattern in my collection. I haven't made it yet, but I have always liked it becasue of it's feminine look and easy to make style. I was delighted to see you post and the variations you made to it. It is so pretty in that cool snakesking print fabric with the contrasting bow and sleeve trim. I especially like how the sleeve trim looks.

    ReplyDelete