Saturday, May 7, 2011

Vogue 1199 - Rebecca Taylor

Hi


I don’t think in the entire time I have been sewing for myself I have ever not finished a garment I have started. (It is a self imposed rule to avoid wasting money and time). Occasionally I am so disappointed in the garment that I only wear it around the house for a few years.  I always finish it. That is until now. Two weeks ago I spent an afternoon sewing and the following photo is the result. Yes it has taken me this long to get over the frustration. Luckily I only cut the front and I hope I have enough fabric to try another pattern.




I brought the pattern to try out my pin tucking foot. Pin tucking has been a sewing ambition for a long time alas it is still only a dream. With the blouse, I measured and traced lines to ensure the pin tucks were equal length. I started the pin tucks on each side so they would meet in the middle. When I got close to the middle I realised that there was an inch difference in length. I tried to fix this with obviously poor results. I don’t think the silk chiffon (not recommended by the pattern) suited the pattern and I hope that is the fabric that caused the distortion. Before wasting more time and fabric I think I had best check the Vogue Pattern on Pattern review.



Cheers Lara


No comments:

Post a Comment