Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wearable Muslin Part two - Drape Drape No 7



Hi

For Christmas I was given a Japaness Pattern Book Drape Drape. Purchased from hhttp://tessuti.blogspot.com/.



I have never attempted to make a pattern with out instructions before.  My first pattern is Number 7.  It is very simple with only two pieces.  The fabric is double muslin from my stash.  I have made this as a beach cover up.  I think it is only just wearable as it feels frumpy and too bulky. The difficulty in choosing fabric for the pattern there is no English instructions. I am considering making it out of silk chiffon for me.   Before I do this I will make another for my Mothers Birthday, she loves caftans and is keen on the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,great job, it looks just like the pictures in the book. I have both Drape Drape books, but haven't made anything from them yet.

    ReplyDelete