Saturday, January 8, 2011

Top, Dress and Belt - Vogue 1195

Hi

Please find below my first review for Pattern Review. com.  I have finished but can't seem to remove the draft status even though I have published it.  Please let me know what I have missed?

I have shown more pictures so you can see the outfit without the top and belt.  I made this outfit for my work Christmas party.

Pattern Description: Misses Top, Dress and belt. Pull over fitted top has front and back stitched pleats, front and back v-neckline with self binding, bound buttonhole openings for belt, stitched sides forming sleeve openings and shaped hem. Close-fitting, straight above mid-knee length dress has front and back darts, front and back V-neckline with self binding, self-armhole binding forming straps, back invisible zipper and belt.


Pattern Sizing: Size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the elegance of the design and that it can be worn all year round

Fabric Used: Stretch Silk Charmeuse (From Emma One Sock) for top and Silk Shantung for dress and bow

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Increased the neck line by one inch on each shoulder and curved the back neck to prevent the top slipping of my narrow shoulders. Fitted the stitched sides to dress form. I finished the hems with a hemming foot that turns the fabric under and then stiches it down. I find self binding too time consumming and I am not very neat. I was happy with the turned under hem

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Personally I would sew it again without the bow and button holes for it to be different. Highly recommend the pattern. The dress would be useful for other sheer tops.

Conclusion: Excellent pattern which is very easy to wear




No comments:

Post a Comment