Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wearable Muslin Part one - Simplicity 2360


Hi

I am on holidays at the moment and have been sewing alot but I don't have very exciting things to show for my efforts. 

This summer dress and the lining is made out of cheap cotton voil from my stash and is a wearable muslin for some silk chiffon I have waiting. 

The muslin was worthwhile because I struggled with lining the sleaveless dress. I added the lining because my silk is sheer and will need interlining.  I wanted the lining to be machine stiched at the neck and arm holes for that RTW finish.

As there is no back seam the fabric needs to be flipped and folded in a unusual way to allow it to be pulled out.  In the end I found the technical information I needed on Pattern Review.com.  If you are looking for the details this information is clear and easy to understand. The link below will save you searching time.
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/review/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=1618

Other alterations I made to the pattern are I aided one inch to each neck shoulder edge and I used ties from the side seam instead of a belt.

Cheers

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment