Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fashion Illustration

Hi


While on holiday I found a great note book by Moleskine, see photo. It is pocket sized, hard backed with beautiful quality paper with either lines or in my case blank for drawing. I love the note book because it fits in my purse and I can take it window shopping. I like to go to my local Shopping centre and browse through some of the 33 women’s fashion stores looking for inspiration. I now go to a cafe and draw the garments that have made an impression. These very simple drawings then give me a record of ideas as inspiration for new garments. It is so simple and easy to do and I have found it very satisfying. There is a certain peace from hot tea, a pencil and note book. Please find attached the site I found most useful for fashion illustration. http://how-to-draw-fashion.com/movement_figure



With the note book I have reviewed my wardrobe and planned the clothes I will make this year. I have included both challenging projects and others that will be less demanding but just as necessary. Looking at the lists for each season I realised that I have more than enough fabric in my stash for all of 2011 sewing.

I have always pledged to myself that I would use the fabric I have spent time and money purchasing. So ... this year’s resolution is to use my stash for a majority of my sewing.  My motivation and fear steams from watching a family member with a very large collection of fabric leaving it to rotting away unused for over twenty years.  I think that I fell in to hording for two reasons. Firstly the fabric stores in my city are steadily going out of business and I am frightened that if I don’t buy it when I can I may not have a second chance. Secondly lately the Australian dollar has been so strong against the US dollar I can afford to buy more on line. I will let you know with each post if I am using new or stash fabric. It certainly has made me feel more settled to be making this commitment.

Cheers Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment