Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Dress - Vogue 8574
















Hi

This is my favorite dress as I feel great when wearing it and it is very versatile. Originally I made it in 2009 for a friends 40th birthday, but have since worn it to many occasions. Its last outing was for Christmas as we were in Sydney on holiday and going out for lunch at a good restaurant. This dress is very cool to wear because of the empire line and both the lining and dress material are silk. The dress fabric was from the Vera Wang collection sold in 2009 by Fabric.com, I purchased because it was recommended by several blogs and I was very pleased when it arrived.

Any way the pattern is from the Very Easy Vogue range. I it dose not have a separate pattern for lining I just cut the same as for the dress. I like to line my dresses because I think they are much more flattering that way.
I did struggle with fit as you can see in the lining photos. I think this was a technical and skill problem and hopeful now I have a dress form won't happen as often. My philosophy with sewing is that I only unpick when absolutely necessary as it is deflating and can lead to outfits not being completed. Hence I left the misaligned lining at the zip. I have since learnt from a dear friend about easing in fabric when it is not aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment