Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Summer Dress - Butterick B5177

Hi all

I returned to work in Feb and have been busy.  I did not realise how long it has been time goes so quickly.  I have been sewing so I will hopefully upload some new garments as soon as I have photos.

This dress is made from silk crinkled chiffon and lined with silk satin.  It is very cool for summer and although the photo is not the best it is flattering as I was complimented by many of my friends.  I did lengthen it by one inch.  The lining has the shinny side out as the frill is showing.  I don't normally like fills on the end of a dress however it makes this dress more fun and full.  The pattern is easy but time consuming with all the heming required. For more details please see the Patter Review link.



No comments:

Post a Comment